CCA’s 30th Anniversary Dinner
Saturday 16 September 2017
The Grand Hyatt Salon Rooms
1 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Tickets selling now
HK$ 1,250 per person / $15,000 per table
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Weekly basketball sessions: Every Wednesday The Ho Gymnasium of the Canadian International School is reserved for a basketball session for CCA from 20:00-22:00. For details please contact us at email@example.com
2) Weekly badminton sessions: Badminton sessions are held every Monday and Thursday at The Ho Gymnasium from 19:00 – 22:00. For details please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Weekly Monday luncheons will be held at the Chariot Club 3/F, Melbourne Plaza in Central when 4 or more members are committed to join. Interested parties please email <email@example.com> before 5pm the previous Friday so reservations can be arranged.
2016 brought many changes, Hong Kong has a new Consul General from Canada and CCA has a new Board of Executive Committee Members. On Jan 18 2017, the Board hosted a dinner at the Hong Kong Jockey Club Trophy Room in honor of Consul General Mr. Jeff Nankivell and Mrs. Alison Nankivell. It was a delightful evening where we all got to know a little bit more about each other. We found out that Mr. Nankivell is a more fluent speaker of Putonghua than most of us and we promised that his Cantonese would soon match up if he joins us play badminton regulary. The Chairperson, Gloria Choy presented Mr. Nankivell an old book about old Hong Kong written and published in 1931; and for Mrs. Nankivell, a book of photos of Hong Kong in the 1950’s. They say pictures are worth more than a thousand words, after looking through this, Mrs. Nankivell will have a lot of information on Hong Kong.
2016 marked the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Hong Kong. To remember Canadian soldiers who defended Hong Kong and to honor the veterans, CCA held a joint event with the Chinese Military Museum Society of Vancouver at the Crown Wine Cellars in Shouson Hill, Hong Kong. We were honored to have the support and the presence of Consul General of Canada Mr. Jeff Nankivell. The event had an overwhelming attendance by the Hong Kong community as well as other foreign dignitaries such as representatives from the US Consulate General. Please surf our website to have a look at the pictures.
Every year a commemorative service is being held at the Sai Wan War Cemetery to remember and honor the Canadian men and women who have served our country and fought for freedom around the world. Quoting The Right Honorable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada on Remembrance Day 2016:
“Time may fade, but our memories cannot. We all have a duty to hold the torch high, and to keep its flames alight.”
“That is why today we stand sombre and silent, with poppies close to our hearts, and take the time to remember. Lest we forget.”
Gloria Choy attended the ceremony and laid a wreath on behalf of CCA.
Vice Chairperson Jessica Lee and Immediate Past Chairperson Spencer Lee attended the ceremony as CCA’s representative.
Yes, we shall have another Spring Dinner in 2007.
Particulars of the event are as follows :
1. Place : The ballroom at Penthouse, Hotel Miramar, No.118-130 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.
2. Date : April 14, 2007
3. Time : 7:00 p.m. Cocktail 8:00 p.m. Dinner
4. Dress Code : Lounge suit
5. Cost : Tentatively at HKD600/person